Physical Rehabilitation Therapy
A More Active Life is Within Reach
Illness or injury can steal away your loved one’s independence. Through our Physical Rehabilitation Center our goal is to help them take it back – and hold on to it for as long as possible. Whether a senior is leaving a hospital for home, or from home health care to a more active, mobile life, our team of physical, occupational, and speech therapists is there at every step.
The mission of our Physical Rehabilitation Center is to enhance each individual's desire to meet their unique potential in recovery and function while inspiring lifestyle changes that will optimize quality of life.
Customized Recovery Plan You Can Trust
Therapists in our Physical Rehabilitation Center in St. Peters, Missouri, create a customized recovery plan for each patient. We help seniors grow stronger by the day and we stay by their side as they work toward greater independence. Seniors don’t just improve their mobility and reduce pain; they learn the skills needed to keep that momentum going long after their rehabilitation is over.
Because the physical and cognitive needs of seniors differ from other outpatient rehab patients, we staff centers with therapists who specialize in geriatric care and gear our equipment and high-tech treatment plans toward their specific challenges.
You can trust that your loved one will be safe and cared for at every visit. And just as important, they’ll enjoy the confidence and camaraderie that comes with working – and succeeding – alongside other seniors facing the same obstacles.
For seniors who suffer from a setback in their mobility, flexibility, or speech, the road to recovery can be frustrating. That’s why we make outpatient rehabilitation as convenient as possible with locations close to home and a collaborative, cross-team approach to care. Our therapists carefully monitor your family member’s care at each appointment and make adjustments as needed to help them reach their goals sooner. We’re here to help your loved one move forward to get back to where they want to be.
Many seniors require physical therapy after an injury but are unable to leave the confines of their bedroom or living room for an outpatient rehabilitation center. Envision brings rehab home with individualized treatment and quality care to get seniors back on their feet sooner with less pain and greater mobility. We also outfit the home with modifications and equipment to prevent falls down the road so you can feel comfortable your loved is safe when they’re on their own.
- Therapeutic exercises for strengthening
- Endurance training
- Bed mobility
- Vestibular rehabilitation therapy (VRT) and balance
- Interventions for home and personal safety
- Fall prevention
- Transfer training
- Pain management
Following an unexpected health crisis, or simply due to the side effects of aging on the body, the simplest of chores can become a challenge for seniors. Joint pain, vision problems, cognitive issues, or stroke can affect your loved one’s ability to cook, clean, or care for themselves.
The last thing any senior wants to be is a burden on their family. Occupational therapists through at-home home health care help them live independently by finding out their goals, helping them build their strength, and developing strategies and adaptations to give them back control over their daily lives.
- Measures to improve self-care, dressing, bathing, and activities of daily living skills
- Interventions for memory deficits
- Low vision education and home preparation
- Energy conservation and measures to improve endurance
- Arrangement of environment to improve safety and increase independence
One of the most frustrating setbacks a senior may face is the inability to communicate with their loved ones following a stroke or neurological injury. They can feel powerless, unable to share what they need or socialize like they used to. Speech therapists help them regain their voice with exercises that retrain their muscles and their mind. In addition, therapy has been shown to improve seniors’ memory, problem-solving skills, and overall cognition.
- Treatment for aphasia and apraxia
- Cognitive and linguistic deficits
- Dysphagia - speech disorder/swallowing problems
- Esophageal disorders
- Expressive and receptive language
- The availability of advanced equipment that gives you the opportunity to increase your therapy progree
- Increased social interaction with different clinicians, staff members and seniors.
- Increased motivation and independence associated with leaving the home
Mobile Services at Home
- Includes an In-Home Assessment that gives us the information we need to increase your safety in the home.
- Privacy of visits.
- No worries or concerns about transportation.