Caregiver to provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. These services provide
individuals assistance with personal tasks and Activities of Daily Living: Assistance with mobility, exercise programs,
cognitive stimulation, bathing, grooming, toileting and incontinence issues. Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related
items. Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders. Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting,
vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.) washing and ironing, laundry, running
errands, accompanying clients to appointments, assistance with activities of daily living, etc. Performing other reasonable
duties as assigned based on each client’s individual care plan. Reporting any significant changes in a client’s needs or
living conditions. Regularly communicating with supervisor and office staff.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Able to communicate with scheduling staff and patients/patient caregivers to set up appropriate schedule and report to
appointments as scheduled.
• Visual and hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written and verbal communication.
• Able to perform transfers of various levels with patients of variable functional ability and maneuver around the patient’s
home environment safely and with ergonomically correct posturing.
• Able to lift between 50 and 100 pounds safely and with appropriate posturing.
• Able to push or pull between 100-200 pounds safely and with appropriate posturing.
• Able to travel up to 200 miles per day.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Able to maintain a positive, supportive attitude with various patient personality types in various environments.
• Demonstrates excellent, and positive interpersonal communication (written and verbal) with the ability to effectively
communicate with internal and external customers.
• Manual dexterity skills sufficient, to work with patients of various diagnoses, including but not limited to neuropathic and
orthopedic patients of various cognitive levels.
• Ability to effectively manage time including patient care, paperwork and staff responsibilities.
• Follows all Universal Precautions and OSHA regulations.
• Access to and ability to operate reliable personal transportation.
• Ability to write legibly.
ENVISION HEALTH PARTNER’S RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
• Exhibits professional conduct toward internal and external customers, including management staff.
• Displays a positive attitude relative to the company, employees and conduct on the job.
• Has a good attitude toward the work of the company and is loyal to the operations of the company and its affiliates.
• Represents the Agency at all times in a professional manner.
• Dresses professionally and complies with the company’s dress code.
• Reports all unsafe conditions whether in the office or elsewhere to appropriate individuals as per policy.
• Identifies needs for further orientation, education or information and takes steps to assure their need is resolved.
• Assumes responsibility for self-development by continually striving to improve his/her knowledge.
• Maintains knowledge required for position and performs the job expectations.
• Attends all required in-services and meetings.
• Accepts additional workload/responsibility willingly.
• Is a self-starter and requires minimal amount of direction.
• Maintains confidentiality on all patients as prescribed by Agency’s policy and procedure.
• Maintains the values of Envision Health Partners.
Job Type: Part-time
Heather Worrell, 636-695-4330
Email resume to: